Please read these terms and conditions carefully before you start to use our site, as these will apply to your use of our site. We recommend that you print a copy of this for future reference.
By using our site, you confirm that you accept these terms and conditions and that you agree to comply with them.
If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you must not use our site.
To navigate these terms, all text in bold is a link to the relevant section.
- Information about us
- Changes to these terms
- Changes to our site
- Accessing our site
- Your account and password
- Intellectual property rights
- No reliance on information
- Limitation of our liability
- Uploading content to our site
- Linking to our site
- Third-party links and resources in our site
- Applicable law
1. Information about us
https://ecrofit.co.uk is a site operated by Birmingham City University(“us”,”we”) of University House, 15 Bartholomew Row, Birmingham, B5 5JU.
2. Changes to these terms
- Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
3. Changes to our site
- We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
- We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
4. Accessing our site
- Our site is made available free of charge for users to access content on the University.
- We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
5. Your account and password
- If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user name or password, you must promptly notify us at email@example.com
6. Intellectual Property Rights
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, the name of our site and its URL, and in all of the material published on it. All of those works are protected by copyright and intellectual property laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You may print off one copy of any page of our site, and may download extracts of any page from our site, for your personal use, and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any digital content, illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics or other materials forming part of our site separately from any accompanying text or context.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of our site and content on our site must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of our site or the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors (as applicable).
7. No reliance on information
- The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
8. Limitation of our liability
8.2 To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
8.3 We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of, or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
If you are a user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity,
- goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
8.4 We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect our site or your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
8.5 We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
9. Uploading content to our site
- Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
- You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
- Any content you upload to our site that is intended for publication on our site (such as content for your profile on our site, or comments that will be visible to other users) will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such content for any purpose.
- We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who alleges or claims that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy, or is defamatory or otherwise in breach of our Acceptable Use Policy.
- We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our site.
- We have the right (but not any obligation) to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
- The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
- We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programs and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other any other harmful programs or computer code or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful, designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware, or which operates without the knowledge or consent of us or any users.
- You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is run or on which our site’s content is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to our site.
- You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
- By breaching the foregoing provisions of this paragraph 10, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We reserve the right to report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
11. Linking to our site
- You may link to the home page of our site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
- Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
- If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Third party links and resources in our site
- Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
- We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
13. Applicable law
Questions, comments and requests regarding the use of our website are welcomed and should be addressed to BCU Advantage, University House, 15 Bartholomew Row, Birmingham, B5 5JU or hello@BCUAdvantage.co.uk