Data Analytics for Sustainability
Calling on companies linked to the built environment, construction, digital and data and the property sector
Register now to join the next 12 hours course. Courses run over three weeks, learning 4 hours per week (City Centre Campus in Birmingham and Online)
What is it?
BCU offers a fully funded 12 hours course for businesses that want to refresh their knowledge or learn new skills in Data Analytics.
Organisations in the built environment, construction and property related sectors need to react to ambitious targets to reduce Carbon emissions. This affects their own way of working as much as the products or services they provide. The need to measure, monitor and evidence such reductions, makes good data and the skills to interpret it essential. This course gives you the opportunity to build the right data skills.
This course will provide an introduction to the concepts of data analytics and the use of machine learning. Led by expert trainers, you will then apply these techniques on real life data sets.
Who is it for?
Small and medium sized enterprises including sole traders and micro businesses.
This course is aimed at technical and professional staff. In particular:
– Data Professionals / Data Analysts
– Energy Performance Professionals (retrofit, new built, renewables)
– Anyone interested in understanding data analytics e.g. in a role that looks at data for analysis or monitoring purposes
– People that are responsible for driving environmental sustainability / net zero in a company and wish to generate better data and insights
– People in the construction and retrofit supply chains that need to evidence energy performance of buildings, products or services
What does it cover?
The course content covers 12 hours of learning, delivered face to face and online. You will
use real life data and case studies. The programme includes:
Introduction to Data Analytics with regard to application in the Built Environment domain.
Applied case studies on each day: Handling missing data and visualisation; clustering and regression; TensorFlow playground
Introduction to Machine Learning
The course includes group work for a hands on data project and provides 1:1 support on the day.
Introduction to Deep Learning
Entry requirements / pre-requisites: NONE - This course does not require any existing skills in data analytics. Please contact us via the enquiry form if you would like to confirm this course is right for you.
Gaining skills and knowledge that will help your company offer a better service to your customers:
- Fully funded, refreshments included on the day
- Receive a CPD certificate from BCU
- Delivered by BCU experts that understand the latest data analysis methods and tools
- Applied learning supported by trainers to help you work through tasks
- Hybrid Course delivery: Option to join online if travel on both days is not possible
- Use free web based tool and ready prepared data to allow you to create your own analysis
Interested? To ensure you can join the course for free, we need you to follow two steps:
1. Register on Eventbrite so we know you'd like to attend.
2. Fill in a project application form to confirm you are eligible to receive the course for free.